[Gnumed-devel] gmdrugs update

From: Horst Herb
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] gmdrugs update
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:17:11 +1000

I have considerably updated / modified gmdrugs.sql
* Suggestions by Hilmar Berger applied (re redundant information in
generic_drug)
* drug-disease interactions implemented
* class-disease interactions implemented
* class-class interactions implemented
* even more independence / flexibility from country specific information
* normalized "reference source" - for most provided information one can
specify where the information has been taken from and thus have any number of
references in parallel and, for example, chose a hierarchical reference model
(like: if no "officially authorized" information available, look for peer
reviewed information -> independend information -> manufacturer information
-> self compiled information in tha (or any other) order. You can also have
several references of the same source category (like peer reviewed) in
parallel now.

The next step is now to get a list of generic drug names (including
country/language specific variants) into the database. I'll start compiling
one from the openly available sources (orange book etc.), and hope more
people will chip information in.

* syntax cleanup

I have generated a new HTML reference sheet
I have noticed that the generated DIA file crashes my version of DIA (0.88) -
can anybody try with a newer version or look at the generated XML and fix it?
A graphical UML diagram is quite essential to understand the design

Horst