[Gnumed-devel] gmI18N

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] gmI18N
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 18:51:08 +0100

Hello all,

I have implemented the alternate way of translating fixed
strings at the database level that I discussed with Ian before
Christmas. It is now possible to switch languages on a
per-user basis. This does have some speed impact. However,
rather little I suspect, as it won't be very many strings that
need translation at this level.

Code is in gmI18N.sql. To see how it works look at gmBlobs.sql
and country.specific/de/german-doc_types.sql.

Basically, all this is needed for is for *data* that is to be
used as dynamic *labels*.

A function returning a default when no translation is
available is still missing.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net