[Gnumed-devel] Re: bootstrap*

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: bootstrap*
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 09:31:06 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Horst Herb wrote:

> What I forgot is that these poor Microsoft victims have no ssh by
> default :-(
> Since I was always using cygwin on any Windows machine I used for years,
> I forgot about this. (Still don't know how anybody could cope with
> Windows without cygwin - honestly, it is like trying to drive a car
> without wheels)
By the way there are people who work on Debian/win32 (based on Cygwin)
which provides Debian on a Win32 kernel. (Debian is not only Linux
there is also Hurd and some people try BSD as well.)  On the other
hand there are quite a lot of flames against this project so I doubt
that Debian/win32 is ready before GnuMed is ready for production. ;-)

Kind regards

        Andreas.