Re: [Gnumed-devel] roadmap

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] roadmap
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 07:26:48 +1000

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 18:16:58 +0200
Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:
> http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/gnumed/gnumed/gnumed/client/doc/TODO/temporary-roadmap.txt

> referrals handling
>  - referral form (Germany)
This and prescription can use a common "forms engine" for printing at
particular points on the page. I have some early code for this
hanging around somewhere.
>  - accompanying referral letter
Export to only AbiWord (or KWord?, which do we prefer?) for now, plugins for
other formats can be added later.
As an aside, how much demand for a LaTeX option?

> prescription
As a starter 4 fields:
        - drug name, with auto-complete from database
        - strengths, drop-down from the list in the database
        - frequency. Recognises both "German"  and "Latin" notation.
German: 4 integers for the 4 times during the day, separated by slashes, so 4
times a day is "1/1/1/1", one morning , 2 at night is "1/0/2/0"
Latin: m=mane, i=midi n=nocte, b=BD t=TDS, q=QID. So "2m" is 2 tabs mane, "1q"
is 1 tab QID, "2m+2.5i" is 2 mane and 2 & a half midi
        - directions. Free comment fields, auto-translation to vernacular for
standard Latin abbreviations: PP, OU, AU, etc.
FUTURE: remembers previous values for a particular drug
OPTIONAL: a "prescribing diagnosis" field which saves as an episode.
Prints outs using "forms engine" to specific page points. Scripts will be
lawful in Australia as simple PBS scripts: name, address, Medicare number,
 and prescriber number. RPBS, brand-substition, Private scripts are all for
future version.
[Karsten: how can we quarantine these bureaucratic aspects, which go beyond
simple translation, or do we need to fork prescription modules for each
country, sharing a common codebase?]

notes viewer
 - tree widget on the left side: health issues[1] and then episodes[2] in a
hierarchy
 - drop down boxes across top for limiting by month/year etc.
 - display of clinical notes on the right
1: an ongoing health problem: COPD, niddm, etc. ~= past history
2: a circumscribed clinical problem, may still span several consults: viz.
infective exacerbation COPD ~= problem list

> past history/problem list
>  - problem list only, really, since past history is either
>    covered by 2) or not yet wanted (paper record)
>  - problem list: some conceptual obfuscation as to how
>    episodes overlap with diagnoses and problem lists
>  - in a way, episode names *are* the problem list
Points taken. See "Notes viewer" section, for now this can supersede a separate
"past history" widget (although I appreciate past history
usually refers to inactive problems).

Ian

PGP public key E750652E at wwwkeys.pgp.net
9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE 0C42  C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E