Re: [Gnumed-devel] roadmap

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] roadmap
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 08:43:51 +0200

> > ------------------------
> > drug information browser
> > ------------------------
> > maintainer: RMIT
> > hackers:
> >  - if data is available locally
> >  - PBS via drugref.org via XML-RPC, initially
> >  - AMIS (German) to follow
> What will be RMIT?s commitment ?
I just put RMIT in there. No real committment made beyond the
talk of working on the drugref.org side of things.

> I planned to improve the
> GUI of the existent drug browser somewhat
You are most welcome.

> or if we will write a new one from scratch (which IMHO is not necessary).
I agree.

> Whatever the decision might be I will try to participate in this task.
Good.

> I thought in coding some rather low level stuff, too (tab traversal order
> widget for the GUI - this is IMHO absolutely needed;
Yes. The builtin way is not powerful enough.

> some module to check SQL-versions needed by a particular module).
Which we've been talking about earlier ?

> Don?t know if this should go into release 1.0 but
> we will need these things eventually as they add a lot of
> stability and usability.
IMHO this is infrastructure work that can go on regardless. It
can also go in nearly any time when it's stable.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net