Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Qt licensing issues for GNUmed

From: richard terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Qt licensing issues for GNUmed
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 13:44:51 +1000

Looking nice in gui is important - it often makes or breaks usage of an
application. It ok to be purist, but in the long term all efforts may come to
nothing.

Personally I like QT because it not only looks good, it is twenty times easier
to sit and play with the gui and get something that looks good. Sure, one can
prototype in QT and then translate the design to wxPython, and I suspect in
the long run that from the flavour or replies on the list we won't (sob sob)
be using QT.

From talking to Ian, wxPython doesn't seem to come up too well under windows,
does anyone else have experience of that.

Regards

Richard