Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed.conf.de, who is interested

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed.conf.de, who is interested
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 00:52:13 +0200

> FWIW, the most useful thing we found at gnumed.conf.au was getting
> together. A couple of prepared talks about current problems and future
> directions seemed to have the effect of focussing the mind and rekindled
> the enthusiasm. An action plan at the end of the day was a great idea
> and was driven by Richard.
Good advice.

> You need somewhere quiet and probably won't use your notebooks much.
But you'd need a beamer of some kind to show "slides", no ?

> Personally I found dealing with the university a pain in the arse. Horst
> tells me things are better in Germany, however. I wonder if a function
> room in a hotel is the best option but I guess that depends on your
> numbers and your contacts.
The Herzzentrum IS university but is probably OK to deal with.
The other option (KV Sachsen/Ă„rztekammer - which is sort of
the local branch of the Royal College of Physicians") should
work OK, too. Function room in a hotel - ah, I remember that
house owner's conference I have to go to every year...

Of course, the limiting factor in this is room cost.

> I am sure Horst has zero time but it would be great if he could get to
> this conference.
Surely so.

> If not maybe a gnumed.conf.eu next year?
I wonder how that would make things easier for him ?

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net