Re: [Gnumed-devel] guibroker

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] guibroker
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 20:16:17 +0100

> I added a function
> def RaiseAnyPlugin(aPlugin):  to gmPlugin.py
>
> I guess Karsten will change the code I wrote quite a bit but now it is
> possible to call any(?) registered plugin.
> Changes have not been checked into CVS yet.
They have now. Merged Raise() and RaiseAPlugin() adding the
keyword argument plugin_name which defaults to None==self.
Hence Raise() raises self while Raise(plugin_name=something)
raises the plugin where plugin.internal_name() == something.

BTW, Ian, thanks for the concise hints. Wouldn't have been
able to answer this so easily.

> > to raise *another* plugin is a bit harder. All toplevel plugins
> > are registered in gb['modules.gui'] as a dictionary by name
> > (the class name AFAIK)
The internal_name(), in fact, which defaults to
self.__class__.__name__ unless overriden.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net