Re: [Gnumed-devel] vaccination edit are is really odd

From: Richard Terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] vaccination edit are is really odd
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:22:27 +1100

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 10:40 pm, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > Lines are missing - target disease etc.
>
> What do you need that for ?

Fairly basic reason. Vaccines come/vaccines go, names change, we can't
remember.

If you read the docs (on the gnumed web site) I've explained the sequence in
detail. Remember we are trying to minimise keyboard data entry by using popup
lists. As one types in the target disease(schedule) up pops the list. We
select eg Hepatitis b <hit the enter key). As soon as the cursor hits the
vaccine line (which you should automatically set in code) up pops the list of
all the hepatitis b vaccines (brand  - trade name). The programmer sets focus
to the first item on the list so the user can scroll down and select one.

Also I woudn't put the serial number on a separate line, it is not needed and
is more logical to go down the column.

The clear still doesn't clear, and the ok doesn't accept (at least on the cvs
I downloaded today.

BTW have you implemented the pop up lists for this edit area. Their use is
inseparable from the paradigm.

Regards

Richard