Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: sourceforge ldap

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: sourceforge ldap
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 21:33:12 +1000

On Thu, 20 May 2004 18:57, Ian Haywood wrote:
> (there is no way to access demographics without automatically creating an
> entry in the clinical database) A separate standalone client for
> contacts/demographics in general seems the way to go.

This is horrible. What happened to our modular design? What is this nonsense
about not being able to access demographics without creating an entry in the
clinical database?

Once again for all contributors:
1.) The gnumed client as such is foremost a GUI framework for pluggable
modules
2.) Module design aims for independent functionality; in fact, most modules
should run as standalone programs with few dependencies if invoked outside
the gnumed client framework
3.) The concept of "Services" only makes sense if these are really totally
independent; this is especially valid for the "demographic" service for which
we must not assume the same confidentiality constraint as for the other
services.

Horst