Re: [Gnumed-devel] install notes

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] install notes
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 07:47:59 -0700

On Jun 15, 2004, at 1:59 PM, Michael Bonert wrote:
2. I don't think it is realistic to expect that people wade through
the mail archive to figure-out how the heck one gets things
working.

3. At this point I prefer to do things in a generic way
(read: more-or-less distribution independent).

I put together the last email because it goes start
to finish...

I have created an additional wiki page --- referenced below --- that recognizes (on the one hand) the desirability of trying and improving Andreas' Debian installers, while OTOH recognizing utility to being able to install from source.

If Michael's steps are meant to be general for "any Debian" they could go on the page referenced below. If meant to be even more general please clarify how general - it already seems for example that for Mac --- despite being open BSD and despite the same configuration goals --- some of the installation STEPS may have to be Mac-specific.

Either way it did sound like some concerns replied by Andreas could be appropriate to resolve in the first "revision" or, if there is a difference of views, to at least reference from gnumed-devel the emails containing the points of disagreement

http://hherb.com/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Gnumed/DebianFromCVS