Re: [Gnumed-devel] 2 vs 3 column paradigm.

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] 2 vs 3 column paradigm.
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:49:24 +0200

> I'd caution against abandoning the 2 column paradigm.
Don't fear for we are not.

What Ian proposed to do (and I eventually agreed) is to more
cleanly separate Richard space from Horst space. The intent is
to make the user decide on *either one* but not both is we
have it now. Both will be possible within the one client
framework but only one at any time.

> As I've documented many times in the screen dumps, the 2/3 1/3 screen
> split works well as a compromise between available lists and using the
> central area for display purposes for reviewing
The planned cleanup will *further* the chances of your design
to succeed. It seems (to me) more complex to implement (which
is why I have taken shameful shortcuts into Horst space) but
ultimately more powerful. In the cleanup we will separate both
approaches more cleanly which will make your design shine
brightly and not taint it with what some may perceive as an
inferior design (I am honest, no teasing intended).

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net