Re: [Gnumed-devel] code location framework

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] code location framework
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 08:52:04 -0700

At 3:56 PM +0200 9/12/04, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> CVS is good and widely used, but it won't let you delete obsolete
> directories, only obsolete the contents and put it in "attic", which is
But it does let you hide empty directories by use of the -P
switch. I suggest everyone to put that in their ~/.cvsrc file.
It saves much grief.

Thanks for these commentaries, though this info has previously been shared on this list. I did add the tip to the DevelopmentGuidelines wiki page. BTW if -P hides empty directories, it will also hide any directories established in advance to hold files once they are developed.

I await with more interest any comments about the specific intended purpose of some of the directories and files within.