Re: [Gnumed-devel] basic test types - Sample type prefixes

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] basic test types - Sample type prefixes
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 16:48:28 -0700

A regional lab sent out notice that it will incorporate into test results internationally recognized preixes to denote sample types:

B- Blood
Br- Breath
F- Faeces
P- Plasma
S- Serum
Semf- Seminal fluid
Sp- Sputun
Synf- Synovial fluid
T- Tissue
U- Urine
RBC- Red Blood Cell
WBC- White Blood Cell

For possible reference I asked the origin of these and below came the reply: