Re: [Gnumed-devel] Window manager - graphics rendering questions

From: Tim Churches
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Window manager - graphics rendering questions
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 08:57:47 +1100

Richard Terry wrote:
> Pardon the french but thats bullshit! to use a good aussie phrase. Its a
> pre-0.1 issue and needs to be sorted out.
>
> As Tim has pointed out to you time and time again - its no good having the
> best backend in the world if no-one can either install, or stomach your gui.

What I said was that there is no point having a superbly designed and
engineered back-end if it is not hooked up to a functional front-end
which people can see and use. The front-end doesn't need to be
wonderful, in the first instance, just useable, and easy-to-install. The
last is crucial if you want people to actually look at your work and
comment on it.

Regarding wxPython installation, note that I was trying to compile it
from source on a rather ancient Red Hat system. I'll try installing from
RPMs on a Fedora Core 2 system presently.

Tim C