Re: [Gnumed-devel] Misconceptions about scratchpad, inbox,reminders.

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Misconceptions about scratchpad, inbox,reminders.
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 18:14:43 +1100

Karsten Hilbert wrote:

I was thinking to not use our database for the provider inbox
notifications but rather use standard email. However, there may
be reason to do so (tracking is one, checking dupes may be another one).
And
        - standard mailreaders can't display HL7/PIT/xDT etc. sure we can write
standalone viewers
and tweak the MIME settings, but this would be equal to writing our own
mailreader by the time we've finished.
        - we want to back up messages as soon as they hit the system, not after
docs have opened
them
        - if a doc doesn't read a message (on holiday, sick, etc.) within a
certain time,
we want it to be visible in someone else's box, e.g. the clinic director, or
even visible in everybody's inbox
if it's really urgent)

Jim Busser wrote:
Is it reasonable and desirable (if not already supported) to:

1) make "Release 0.1" the default configuration that is loaded when people first install and load gnumed
yes

2) is there any agreement on whether the GUI would have any form of "status
line"
it does already, at the top.
should be some administrative entity that designated people need to sometimes log in as).
ditto, but we don't have special admin modules yet.
> local date and time
bottom right-hand side, possibly the only gnumed feature that can be guaranteed
to work at any given time ;-)

for some type of notification to be provided during the loading of the modules, what is
the "name" of the configuration
that is controlling which modules are loading?
This is selected (and so clearly visible) in the login box.

Ian