Re: [Gnumed-devel] conference report

From: David Grant
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] conference report
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 14:18:05 -0700

Tim Churches wrote:

Did you compile it yourself or use binaries. If teh latter, where from
and for what distro. I'm keen to use it but I tried and tried to no
avail... It ran, but I couldn't get it to record any video files.

I use Gentoo, and Gentoo compiles the binary for me. Looking at the gentooe ebuild, it does the following:

it runs ./configure with the --with-gtk2 option
runs make and make install

it looks like that's all it does. Requirements are just >=ffmpeg-0.4.9_pre1, libpng, jpeg, zlib, and x11

Oh, I just noticed there is a patch that is applied by gentoo as well. The patch comes from here: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1018387&group_id=81535&atid=563254

Did you have any errors spewed out at the command line?

David