Re: [Gnumed-devel] Hi

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Hi
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:04:36 +0100

On Thursday 15 December 2005 08:22, Daniel Minahim wrote:
> Hi there!
Hi ! Welcome to GNUmed.

I am GNUmed's release manager for the time being.

> I've neglected medical informatics for while and focused on the practice...
> But I would like to help the GNUMed project!! I believe I could do it in
> several levels, but I'd like to work with software engineering.
We are gald to hear that. Have you identified areas you would like to work
on ?

Please let us know how you found GNUmed and what documentation you have found
so far. That will help us to make it easier for you and other people to get
started.

> I've received an ER diagram recently and feel that a lot can be done there.
Please tell me more about it.

> Wouldn't it be worth to use  Cervisia or ArgoUML to create the diagrams
> from scratch?
Personally I have not received any formal CS training at a University and I am
not aware what those tools do. Could you please tell me a little bit about
the benefits.

Does one have to own those tools edit or view diagrams created by the above
named tools ? How do we keep the diagrams uptodate ?

> Is there any room for changes in the DB structure?
There always is. This depends on what you have in mind. I am sure our database
guy would like to hear your ideas. We have had some lively discussion about
our database and it is still improving. I propose we discuss your ideas here
on this list.

> I can program java, c/c++, pascal and I'm working on learning Python ASAP.
> I've also had some contact with J2EE which seems have counterparts in
> Python (Peak and Zope?)
Well welcome to GNUmed. If you have not done so I reccomend you take a look at
our Wiki to find out how to get, install and hack GNUmed. Look for the
developers area to find quite some documentation including database structure

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany