Re: [Gnumed-devel] Hi

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Hi
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 12:02:34 +0100

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 11:04:36AM +0100, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:

> > Wouldn't it be worth to use  Cervisia or ArgoUML to create the diagrams
> > from scratch?
> Personally I have not received any formal CS training at a University and I
> am
> not aware what those tools do.
They let you define the relationships between your data
fields in an "intuitive", graphical way by drag and drop.
They spare you from visualizing yourself what you want to
achieve. If they are any good they don't hold you back from
thinking beyond the pretty picture.

> Does one have to own those tools edit or view diagrams created by the above
> named tools ?
Yes.

> How do we keep the diagrams uptodate ?
Manually, unless the tools can be scripted.

> > Is there any room for changes in the DB structure?
> There always is. This depends on what you have in mind. I am sure our
> database
> guy would like to hear your ideas.
No kidding.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net