Re: [Gnumed-devel] re vaccination batch no

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re vaccination batch no
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 23:26:54 +0100

On Wed, Dec 28, 2005 at 05:27:53AM +0800, Syan Tan wrote:

> also , transactions aren't just for atomicity, there
> designed for equivalence of a serial schedule of
> transactions when interleaving the input of concurrent
> transactions
You are correct. I should have said that the way we use them
currently they are not useful for detecting concurrent
updates.

Whether we should use them differently is another matter. It
does seem attractive to not have to fiddle with xmin. OTOH
it would mean we would need *quite* a few concurrently open
connections. It would also mean we can only take a lot less
advantage of read-only connections.

Changing this should be left to very careful consideration.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net