Re: [Gnumed-devel] server installation made easy

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] server installation made easy
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 20:02:00 +0200

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 12:49:45AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> The existing server instructions involve manually editing postgresql.conf
This is not necessary anymore *on Debian*. Other Linuxen may
or may not require it.

> Does this script information belong above the method
>       GNUmed specific PostgreSQL configuration at
>       http://salaam.homeunix.com/bin/view/Gnumed/DatabaseOnGNULinux
No, because the dh-install* script only works on
Debian/Linux (hence the dh- == debian_helper- prefix).

I have, however, added a page "describing" how to install a
database on GNU/Linux.

> Also the script refers to a server version 1.4
Ah, no, that is just the CVS version of the script.

> At
>       http://salaam.homeunix.com/bin/view/Gnumed/ConfigurePostgreSQL
> should we change "GNUmed is known to work with PostgreSQL 7.4, 8.1, and
> 8.2" to say that GNUmed requires PostgreSQL 8.1
Yes. 8.1 or up.

> or just to say that the
> newer, simpler install scripts require 8.1?
No.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net