[Gnumed-devel] Re: Debian lenny required for client 0.2.8.10-1 ??

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Debian lenny required for client 0.2.8.10-1 ??
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 09:29:23 -0700

On 2-Sep-08, at 5:57 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:

What you probably want is addition is a file /etc/apt/preferences saying
something like

  Package: *
  Pin: release a=stable
  Pin-Priority: 500

  Package: *
  Pin: release a=testing
  Pin-Priority: 50

to make sure that stable remains your prefered distribution.

I try to remember what I am taught ;-)
and I had done so with my installation of Etch. But that did not seem enough for apt-get to resolve the dependencies needed to move to install gnumed-client=0.2.8.10-1