[Gnumed-devel] Re: automatic bug report redirection

From: Gour
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: automatic bug report redirection
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 15:37:04 +0200

>>>>> "Karsten" == Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> writes:

Karsten> It is Joe Random User who will encounter the rare bug in his
Karsten> day to day business. She don't care how to fix the bug or how
Karsten> to report the bug. They only care about getting their day job
Karsten> done. But they'll thankfully hit "mail problem to IT support"
Karsten> if it doesn't entail anything else needing doing.

I dunno what are you talking about. According to you GNUmed has less
than 10 users.

Karsten> Those people certainly have no business setting up a production
Karsten> practice management system. That's the job of their IT support.

If they have IT support capable to setup practice management system,
then that Super Duper IT stuff can probably manage to configure privacy
system for their users.

Karsten> It's not that I don't like the proposal. It's just that I know
Karsten> that most people will go to the trouble of going to a bug
Karsten> tracker, registering, and reporting a bug usefully. I know
Karsten> because we've been having a bug tracker which does exactly what
Karsten> you proposed for years already.

This is pessimistic attitude. So many project make use of bug trackers,
but GNUmed is the specific one for which I does not work. :-)

>> There is one more idea I have which is modification of 1) - to pick
>> all the relevant data from the user and then send bug report to LP by
>> using some kind of 'integrated' GNUmed email-account (knowable to LP)
Karsten> This is done already.

No. It's sent to devel list instead to the tracker.

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Zagreb, Croatia  | GPG key: C6E7162D