Re: [Gnumed-devel] Progress notes, summaries, episode names and the Asse

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Progress notes, summaries, episode names and the Assessment of Encounters (AOEs)
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:43:01 +0200

>       how is the input of the AOE prompted?

Under certain conditions when changing patients.

> 1) I note that EMR > Start new encounter seems to close any
> opportunity for the entry of an AOE for the encounter just ended.
> Should there should be a prompt to input the AOE for the ending
> encounter?

Please file as wishlist.

> 2) I cannot invoke a prompt to be able to input an AOE from inside a
> patient.

open tree
go to encounter
right click
edit encounter details

> Possibly an AOE may only otherwise be prompted after returning to a
> patient *after* the pre-defined expiry of the encounter??
Nope, as soon as it appears in the EMR tree which is after the first narrative
is saved.

> I am not sure how well (except if I should first have to re-review
> the chart) I could put in an AOE after having in the meantime engaged
> one or multiple other patients' issues
at any time for any tree-viewable encounter

> After Saving a progress note, I appreciate that the visit may not yet
> be over, because the patient could ask me something else. However if
> the patient exists the door and 99/100 times do not come immediately
> back I would want to put in the AOE now.
We may need to re-evaluate the logic that decides whether to prompt or not.

Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/address@hidden