[Gnumed-devel] Re: Raw input

From: Geordie
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Raw input
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 13:00:53 -0500

Hi Karsten
In the world of Sid, we tend upgrade frequently, a gentleman by the name of h2
developed a bash ( i think) script to update a sid based computer. It is
seemless way to keep things current and any programs that are unstable are
placed on hold. This script runs as root and connects to a server similar to
your gnumed boot strap. I have included one of the scripts as an attachment. It
may add some insite as to how things work in the sidux world. The same scripts
can be used to update testing as well depending on your sources list.
I think your script is running afoul of some security issue in the new kernels,
this is an opinion for I am far from being an expert on this.
The script is installed by this command
cd /usr/local/bin; wget techpatterns.com/smxi.zip; unzip smxi.zip && smxi
There are 13 other scripts that are used for  updating.  I am not sure if this
is much help, but I know they work.

The one offer I would have is if you would like me to try
myself by giving me some sort of ssh access to your machine
over the internet.

Ah this sounds sooooooo dangerous. Is it legal??????? It must be fun if it is.
What do you need?
Geordie