Re: [Gnumed-devel] BUG REPORT...

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] BUG REPORT...
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 16:32:14 +0100

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 07:09:30AM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

> > Come on, GNUmed is more powerful than that ?
> >
> > This is now legal in 0.7-to-be:
> >
> >     $<name::%(title)s %(firstnames)s%(preferred)s%(lastnames)s::35>$
>
> To use an automobile analogy,  we know me to be somewhat "thick" with respect
> to "looking under the hood" ... :-)

Well, you couldn't because I just built in the
$<name::*::*>$ placeholder :-))   (CVS HEAD)

> ... which is my way of introducing to ask

ah, OK, so:

> whether the above (title etc) needed to each be
> specially-defined purely to assist the placeholders,

no

> or does the above take advantage of these (are they
> properly termed variables)

let's call them "fields" of the "name" property or
placeholder

> as maybe already-defined in the "middleware"?

Yes. If you look closely you'll see how they simply map onto
dem.v_person_names ;-)    (albeit, technically, this mapping
is some 4-5 layers away from the actual table)

Now, in this very case there's some processing inbetween the
actual table and the letter template:

- NULL values are mapped to the empty string
- the nickname is surrounded by "" if it is not NULL
- only the active name is accessed

And, no, none of the other fields of that table can be
accessed via this placeholder.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net