Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Live CD supports OpenOffice and Latex

From: Petr Mladek
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Live CD supports OpenOffice and Latex
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 16:46:38 +0200

On Thursday 29 April 2010, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> Hello Petr,
>
> thanks for your suggestion.

You are welcome.

> Based on this GNUmed is now first trying to simply import
> uno.py and if that fails it falls back to searching for UNO
> with the method outlined above. This will give preference to
> platforms (like Debian) that go to the trouble of actually
> synchronizing OOo and UNO with the system-wide Python(s) but
> then falls back to the x-platform method if other platforms
> don't do this.

Great.

JFYI, I am going to add the symlinks to the openSUSE OOo packages as well.

> We are still having sporadic connection failure problems
> with the OOo server. Do you happen to have any advice on
> that ?

It is hard to say. One idea that comes to my mind is that many OOo operations
are asynchronous. The functions sometimes ends before the operations are
actually finished. The testautomation scripts include many sleeps to cope
with this :-(

If you are interested, you might get the testautomation sources at
http://download.openoffice.org/next/other.html. The tests are done by
StartBasic scripts.

--
Best Regards,

Petr Mladek
software developer
SUSE LINUX, s. r. o.                        e-mail: address@hidden
Lihovarská 1060/12                          tel: +420 284 028 952
190 00 Prague 9                             fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic                              http://www.suse.cz/