Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 1.1.9 Maintenance Release

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 1.1.9 Maintenance Release
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 14:02:35 +0100

On Thursday, January 12, 2012 12:57:58 PM Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 12:45:25PM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > What is your suggestion to cut such circles ?
>
> Parhaps taking my hint of the option to vandalise your Wiki seriousely.
> *I* would know about different images in the documentation I'm about to
> publish.  If not something in your workflow is broken.
>
> > Spending a few hours
>
> It took me a couple of seconds to realise that all images have identical
> size and firing up
>
>    feh -F -d ___*
>
> and pressing 'n' continuosely helped me checking quickly that all are
> the same.

Had another look and while in the specific case of this tarball they all seem
to be identical size results of my latest test runs show that there can be
(and are in my case) many different images in that directory.

Moreover the wiki exporter treats each instance of the image file (even if they
are identical) as a seperate image and just gives it a new name. The reason
for this is most likely that Foswiki istself thinks of each image as a
seperate instance rather then a reference by a filename.

So given that it really is just one Megabyte and this is done by design by the
Wiki software I vote for just accepting it.

Best regards,
Sebastian