[Gnumed-devel] GnuMed documentation (Was: GNUmed 1.1.9 Maintenance Relea

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GnuMed documentation (Was: GNUmed 1.1.9 Maintenance Release)
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 15:53:31 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 02:02:35PM +0100, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> So given that it really is just one Megabyte and this is done by design by
> the
> Wiki software I vote for just accepting it.

While I do not agree to this argument I now had a deeper look into the
docs.  Please load the file

    client/doc/user-manual/index.html

into your browser.  None of the links is working not even the image
works with the exception of the spammy "Chat here" stuff on the bottom
right corner.  This link is useless.

I also tried to load

    client/doc/user-manual/Gnumed/GnumedManual.html

The three main navigation links

    User Guide | Administrator Guide | Developer Guide

do not work as well.  Moreover the image we spended much time about to
talk looks very ugly on the green background.  The stuff looks as if
somebody did not spended much love into it.

If this is the offline documentation that is presented to GNUmed user I
would vote for dropping the gnumed-doc package at all and just provide a
link to the Wiki.  This makes our previous discussion void and is most
probably better for the user and the project.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de