Re: [Gnumed-devel] GnuMed documentation (Was: GNUmed 1.1.9 Maintenance R

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GnuMed documentation (Was: GNUmed 1.1.9 Maintenance Release)
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 13:45:06 +0100

On Friday, January 13, 2012 10:55:47 AM Andreas Tille wrote:
> > I don't object to dropping it but one could say. If noone is looking at
> > it anyway why drop it. Instead it is help for this one person who does
> > not have any other means to access the docs (e.g.) wiki. This person
> > might think. Shoot this is ugly and broken but it is there. Plus I am
> > going to fix it anyhow. It has been like this for the last couple of
> > releases. I fail to see why we would start seeing this as a roadblock
> > all of a sudden.
>
> Well, that's wrong.  I stumbled upon the documentation *because* it has
> changed!  It was OK in gnumed-doc_1.1.7-1_all.deb.  There were *no*
> images

which simply is(was) was a mistake back then.

> at all and *all* links worked.

which is due to the upgrade of the PublishScript in FosWiki.

> I stumbled upon the change
> because my build system did not worked any more because file locations
> had changed.

We can certainly implement something that will restore the file locations. What
is the exact problem ? All future wiki export will have said directory layout.

> So if you simply and straight would do the very same as in
> version 1.1.7 all problems are vanished.

Yeah I know but I don't have enough magic to turn back time.

> But *you* did changed
> something in the first place and the change was definitely no feature
> and I'm not willing to support this broken doc in Debian.

I believe all but the javascript problems should now be fixed.

> Just make it as it was.  This is what Joey Purehardwareuser want's on
> his computer and please also spare him this stupid fancy JavaScripting
> stuff at bottom right.  You are draining the offline user into trouble.

Maybe. I see your point. However since it will simply fail to load the js from
the online server while user is offline nothing bad will stem from that. If
however the user is online and reads the offline docs he will have the chance
chance with us :-) I consider this a feature :-)

I will try to see if there is a way to remove that online chat feature from
offline documentation.

> Just use the old method you used last year and everything will be fine.

If it was that easy. I had to do an security update of TWiki (long overdue)
and that changed what comes almost beyond my control.

So apart from the wiki chat all problems (links, images etc) should now be
fixed. The images are now part of the documentation, officially. There is just
handful of cases where the same image is stored under different name but since
this stems from Wiki's internal working I do not consider this a bug ( the
images really do appear more then once in the html files)

Sebastian