Re: [Gnumed-devel] GnuMed documentation (Was: GNUmed 1.1.9 Maintenance R

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GnuMed documentation (Was: GNUmed 1.1.9 Maintenance Release)
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 15:04:40 +0100

On Friday, January 13, 2012 02:17:29 PM Andreas Tille wrote:

> > which is due to the upgrade of the PublishScript in FosWiki.
>
> So why not downgrading again?

There is no downgrade. I could downgrade from FosWiki to Twiki (older release)
but then I would have the security risk again.

> > > I stumbled upon the change
> > > because my build system did not worked any more because file locations
> > > had changed.
> >
> > We can certainly implement something that will restore the file
> > locations. What is the exact problem ? All future wiki export will have
> > said directory layout.
>
> The exact problems are:
>   - Broken Links
>   - Ugly and finally for the content totally irrelevant header image
>   - A lot of pretty useless JavaScript stuff

Apart from the Javascript stuff all other problems are fixed. Why again is this
javascript stuff (apart from the chat widget) an problem again ?

> > > So if you simply and straight would do the very same as in
> > > version 1.1.7 all problems are vanished.
> >
> > Yeah I know but I don't have enough magic to turn back time.
>
> There is no need to turn back time.  It would be enough to turn back
> code.  I do not know this Wiki software but it seems to have done a
> bad move.

Nope it did make a good move and fix some security issues. The Publish script
authors however decided to make some changes that led to where we are at now.

I would like to know the exact requirements for docs in Debian to become
acceptable or even good docs. Is html with JS not acceptable ? We could
provide pdf if that is better.

> Would you mind building an RC tarball like
>
>     gnumed-client.1.1.10~rc.tgz
>
> to let me have a look?

Find attached the current state of affairs.

Regards,
Sebastian