Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 1.2.rc2 Release

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 1.2.rc2 Release
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 16:25:11 +0200

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 05:38:56AM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> Inbox handling:
>
> As any-doc (LMcC) I added a new inbox item for the currently-active patient
> and made the audience JaBu.
>
> I noticed that even as McCoy (and without having to be
> James Busser) I was able to "see" this item in the Overview
> plugin  "Reminders" area as per screen shot. This makes me
> happy, I think this is reasonable in case anybody may have
> to provide care while the intended audience did not yet see
> this message.
>
> Can I suggest though that the item *also* be listed visibly in the Inbox
> plugin item listings when the radio button
>
>         (   ) Active-patient related
>
> is clicked ?

You can but complying with that would counter the intent of
the *provider* inbox.

The provider inbox is about *you*, the provider.

The overview is about the *patient*.

However, I have modified the inbox to include "your"
messages where "your" not only means messages *to* you but
also messages *by* you.

This means that you will, indeed, see the message you
created above (*from* any-doc to JaBu) -- unconditionally
when you select "All" (your messages) and conditional on the
active patient when you select (your messages) "about the
active patient".

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de