Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 1.2.rc2 Release

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 1.2.rc2 Release
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 15:12:17 +0000

On 2012-04-27, at 7:25 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> However, I have modified the inbox to include "your"
> messages where "your" not only means messages *to* you but
> also messages *by* you.

This will give the advantage of being able to deduce (from the eventual
disappearance from the Sender's list of messages) that the sent message has
been disposed of.

I did seem to find in incomplete implementation (scenario). When in inbox item
is created for a patient but without an Audience being specified (e.g. unclick
"Myself" but fail to specify a user) the resulting message is stored but cannot
be accessed... it will show up in the Overview but, when double-clicked, will
take the user to the inbox where the user finds that the item does not exist,
and so cannot be disposed of.

Your modification will cause the creator of the message to be able to access
it, but how do we make it possible for anybody else to dispose of it? Maybe
disallow to create such an inbox message with no Audience?

Last for this posting, the default on Audience... presently it defaults
"Myself" under a workflow that GNUmed is presently used mostly by single users.
As soon as it would be used by multiusers then it is a lot of work to always
unclick "Myself". Therefore I suggest that the Myself be un-defaulted and then
when no Audience has been inputted, GNUmed will still accept to create the item
and automatically assign it to "myself".

??

-- Jim