Re: [Gnumed-devel] Workaround for prescriptions

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Workaround for prescriptions
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 23:38:54 +0000

On 2012-09-13, at 1:15 PM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> This already happens. After mogrifying a LaTeX template into
> a LaTeX document ready for consumption by the pdflatex
> processor GNUmed checks whether it can find an editor for
> either of (in that order):
>
>       mimetypes = [
>               u'application/x-latex',
>               u'application/x-tex',
>               u'text/plain'
>       ]
>
> When it does it uses that to enable the user to edit the
> final LaTeX code before submitting that for PDF generation.

Does this then mean that the existing code lacks something -- when running
under Mac OS -- to be able to identify and launch a suitable application?

BTW, I noticed that only just recently is my GNUmed client auto-attaching not
only generated PDFs, but also the tex file from which the PDF had been
generated.

Can that be accounted for by some new code in a point release from the last
several weeks?

If no, then it may reflect some quirkiness of newly running GNUmed on Mac OS
10.8.x (Mountain Lion) in combination with a new X11 (Apple's XQuartz project
community effort) and an updated MacPorts?

-- Jim