Re: [Gnumed-devel] Some issues

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Some issues
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 23:23:46 +0200

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 11:31:40AM -0300, Rogerio Luz wrote:

>    There is no way to Have a exam with multiple categories and values in
>    it: Haemogram / Anti-Nuclear Factor, Electrophoresis,

Not sure I fully understand your intent. Can you give a
fully explained clinical example ?

>    if we were to use the
>    “panels” this way … then look my criticism of panels below.
>    -
>
>    The Panels organizer leaves a copy of the exams in multiple panels, when
>    I expected to make these panels I hoped to organize better the exams and
>    not to make multiple copies …

You aren't making copies. You are telling GNUmed which tests
to show you when you select a given panel (it's basically a
filter).

>    I would want ALL the panels to show
>    simultaneously, so we could separate measurements in: Anthropometric
>    (Weight, Height, Body Composition), Image Studies, Hematologic, Cardiac,
>    Urine, etc … panels for easier views.

That's another, valid, approach to organizing tests display
-- which isn't implemented just yet. Seems you are thinking
in "panel = area of display" (which wasn't the design idea
behind "our" panels) rather than "panel = list of tests to
display together".

>    Now that I think of it maybe an
>    option to “copy or move” the exam, since many would be nice to have in many
>    panels (Chest X-ray in images and in cardio for examples). But copying all
>    exam to all panels clutters everything.

I've got a feeling you are misunderstanding something about
panels. You can add any exam to any number of panels. Or
else I am misunderstanding what you are saying.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de