[Gnumed-devel] Sign as, or Sign?

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Sign as, or Sign?
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 00:21:10 +0000

At the risk of a triviality except it is so simple, the screenshot, can

Sign as

in future be changed to simply

Sign

as this avoids to create the hesitation whether such "signing" is only supposed to be done if the value is Abnormal or Relevant?

In the case of a Hb of 119 (relative to a lower limit of normal of 120) whether I decide to mark it abnormal or leave it normal can be a separate decision from my accepting responsibility for the result. Which, in such cases, isn't even clear that the distinction is useful. (And could anyways be computed.)

… removing the "as" does not adversely affect the capacity to flag those items where a clinician sees value to do so

-- Jim