[Gnumed-devel] Similarity between our Patient overview and a handover to

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Similarity between our Patient overview and a handover tool
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 18:45:36 +0000

I attach a table (as screenshot) from this paper by the people at Mercy Hospital (in Chicago):

Cemal Yazici, Hany Abdelmalak, Shanu Gupta, Anna Shmagel, Eman Albaddawi, Vivian Tsang, Steven Potts, and Vineet M. Arora (2013) Sustainability and Effectiveness of a Quality Improvement Project to Improve Handoffs to Night Float Residents in an Internal Medicine Residency Program. Journal of Graduate Medical Education: June 2013, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 303-308.  http://dx.doi.org/10.4300/JGME-D-12-00175.1

It has some similarities to our Patient Overview.

I was wondering where within our current overview some like the "code status" (advance directives) and diet (if special in any way, like dysphagic) can be shown / incorporated.

Some of it might overlap with tags. Although there is a risk to tags falling outside the (cognitive) field of view of the clinician and maybe tags were envisioned / intended for things as were desired to keep non-verbal in the record?

-- Jim