Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed HL7 import

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed HL7 import
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 18:24:10 +0000

Attached:

1) the .xml test files that I have thrown at GNUmed 1.5.2, where Windows CR line returns have already been replaced with Unix LF

2) the .HL7 file that I manually created from

        1 QA 201009 HL7 2.3.xml

By myself manually unwrapping the XML in one of the attached .xml files (after having already address Windows CR --> Unix LF), which I unwrapped by doing "find and replace" (and adding line breaks) after each of
                ![CDATA[
                ]]>
and then removing these XML tags, as well as the first one and a half lines of what was the .xml file, it seems that I was able to get

        "Tools > Lab results … > Stage HL7"

to work, as evidenced by the attached screen shot resulting from

        "Tools > Lab results … > Browse pending"

At this stage, my questions are:

1) What adjustment is needed to the code of "Unwrap XML" in order for it to be able to handle the format of XML files that I have supplied?

2) Is it intended that within the "Showing unmatched incoming data" window, the Show button is intended to pop open with detail of a selected row, because I could elicit no response whether by double-click on a row or by clicking the button with a row selected.

3) What is the intended function of

        "Tools > Lab results … > Show HL7"

because even when I pointed it to a copy of the HL7 file that I had successfully staged, I could not observe its having done anything.

4) Can the code associated with the menu items

        Unwrap XML
        Stage HL7

upon exiting, result in updating of the status line?

-- Jim