Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed HL7 import - patient association or creation

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed HL7 import - patient association or creation
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 19:37:10 +0000

On 2014-08-16, at 2:41 AM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 11:50:09PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> For any imported results that shall be unable to be
>> associated with an existing patient, what will be a suitable
>> (manageable) way to address these?
>>
>> Imagining, as I am, that any plan should begin with what is
>> simple and then, as time and resources permit, to "work this"
>> into a more evolved form?
>
> That is the plan, indeed.
>
> For "now" (perhaps even 1.5) the user sees patient
> identifying information (currently firstname, lastname,
> middlename, DOB, gender) in the clin.incoming listing working
> from which she must activate-or-create the corresponding
> patient. Once the patient exists the data can be properly
> imported into the chart.
>
> If the displayed identifying information isn't sufficient the
> full HL7 data can be displayed in a formatted way in order to
> see all the details available.
>
>> 2) make it possible to create a new patient by using information
>> already-provided within the HL7 record
>>
>>      - name
>>      - dob
>>      - gender
>
> This isn't at all hard to do -- which fields would you
> describe as the minimum matching criteria ?
>
> I can both a) make HL7 an "external patient source" (just
> like German chipcards, CA MSVA, XDT, ...) and b) implement
> explicit patient creation at import time.

Can I be pointed to where, in the code, the minimum requirements for "matching"
an incoming HL7 message to an existing (possibly needing to be re-associated)
patient is specified? Is it in

https://gitorious.org/gnumed/gnumed/source/463a65a968976cb7aeb741ea9b6148f96823f4bf:gnumed/gnumed/client/business/gmHL7.py

beginning in line 169 (class cIncomingData) and how to read these?

IOW does everything from line 175 through 188 constitute a minimum that must be
matched or just those items in lines 175-177 which begin with the string

        %(pk

??

-- Jim