[Gnumed-devel] Dynamic hint suppression

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Dynamic hint suppression
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 18:39:33 +0000

Three things …

1. Will "suppression" suppress the given dynamic hint generally (i.e. for all patients, unless re-enabled) or is this dialog meant to suppress it only for this patient?

Can the answer guide adjusting the text to

Rationale for globally suppressing this hint

or

Rationale for suppression for this patient

2. What about the option to suppress a hint for a period of time?

While true that there are some instances in which a hint will be irrelevant e.g. PAP smears in the event of someone having had a complete (rather than merely supracervical) hysterectomy.

However there are other patients for whom it may be both tempting (and reasonable) to suppress a hint until such time as a patient has had something else addressed. My concern is the absence of any later prompt for re-evaluation of whether the dynamic hint should be re-enabled.

In place of going to the trouble to have a user pre-specify some future unknown date when a hint should be re-enabled, would it be feasible for the Overview plugin to query the existence of any suppressed hints for the current patient and list them in the Reminders pane with lowest priority, beneath

- unreviewed (abnormal) results
- unreviewed documents
- unreviewed (normal) results

and, in the event that more than one hint is suppressed, to trim and concatenate the first several characters or first word of each?

Of course, if nothing was suppressed, I would not bother to display "suppressed:" by itself.

See second screen shot mockup.

Would this also be a suitable place to enable to un-suppress a hint, because AFAICT there exists no way (yet) to achieve this except through the backend.

-- JIm

PS I noticed that, once "suppressed", the hint query fails to notify the user despite that the query listed in GNUmed > Master data > Manage lists makes no obvious reference to such suppression, so presumably taken care of by the program logic.