gnump3d-devel

Re: [Gnump3d-devel] searching by tag

From: Adam DiCarlo
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-devel] searching by tag
Date: 01 Nov 2003 22:03:25 -0600

Steve Kemp <address@hidden> writes:

>   Over time I'm becoming less happy with the current state of the code,
>  there are too many asusmptions which may not remain valid and too
>  much global state.

>   Refactoring generally would be a good thing.

Well, code can always stand pretty much infinite work and refactoring.
But I agree with what you're saying.  I suggest refactoring a little
as you go on a continuing basis.

Other things I've noticed:

- bin/gnump3d2 is too big -- most of it should be made into library
  functions

- too much redundant code in general

- sometimes I see you pass hashes around.  It's going to be faster to
  pass by reference, e.g., pass around hash refs.

- suggest you unify your logging/warning/debugging into functions
  (log_msg or something) rather than use print/warn/die

> > Note this patch doesn't include previous patch.
>
>   Patch?  This mail, nor the previous two arrived patch free, which is
>  a shame as I was looking forward to seeing your changes.

Eh?!  I did send the patches.  Soemthing must be stripping them out.
Try this URL: <http://gw-ny.onshored.com/~adam/gnump3d/>.

--
...Adam Di Carlo...<address@hidden>.......<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>