gnump3d-devel

Re: [Gnump3d-devel] searching by tag

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-devel] searching by tag
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 09:36:01 +0000

On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 10:03:25PM -0600, Adam DiCarlo wrote:

> Well, code can always stand pretty much infinite work and refactoring.
> But I agree with what you're saying.  I suggest refactoring a little
> as you go on a continuing basis.

  Yes this is the plan.

> Other things I've noticed:
>
> - bin/gnump3d2 is too big -- most of it should be made into library
>   functions

  Exactly.

> - too much redundant code in general

  Agreed.

> - sometimes I see you pass hashes around.  It's going to be faster to
>   pass by reference, e.g., pass around hash refs.

  Is that really faster?  I didn't realise this.  I guess it's less
 copying.

> - suggest you unify your logging/warning/debugging into functions
>   (log_msg or something) rather than use print/warn/die

  Yes this is something that needs to be looked at.

> Eh?!  I did send the patches.  Soemthing must be stripping them out.
> Try this URL: <http://gw-ny.onshored.com/~adam/gnump3d/>.

  I just spotted it, arrived much later than the rest of the messages,
 thanks for your work.

Steve
---
Edinburgh System Administrator : Linux, UNIX, Windows
Looking for an interesting job : http://www.steve.org.uk/