gnuspeech-contact

Re: Re: Re: [gnuspeech-contact] Need help compiling GnuSpeech and Tube

From: Robert Hamilton
Subject: Re: Re: Re: [gnuspeech-contact] Need help compiling GnuSpeech and Tube
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 16:59:12 -0700 (PDT)

--- Gregory John Casamento <address@hidden> wrote:
> Robert,
>

> :)
> Have you tried simply tarring up the cvs checkout you did and untarring
> it on
> the Linux box, then simply doing a build without making any changes?

Okay, John, I tarred and untarred the CVS download--both within Linux.
Still have compile errors (see below.) A note: CVS was downloaded on a
Windoze machine. Tarred and untarred on Linux.

> I did a completely fresh/clean pull of the code from CVS yesterday
> evening
> (after recieving your email) and built both tube and GnuSpeech without
> issues.
>  All I did was a CVS checkout and a make in tube (in Tools), then a make
> in
> GnuSpeech (under Applications).

Okay. The problem is obviously on my end. I think the problem may be with
incorrect linefeeds being inserted by Windoze. I had a similar problem
with the GNUstep install script. Untarred it in Windoze and had a problem.
Solved by untarring in Linux.

Any possibility that you folks could put up a tarball of the "current"
directory for those of us stuck with using Windoze with CVS? (Tortoise CVS
in my case.)

Meanwhile I'm going to try to edit the GNumakefile in Linux to see if it
is a tab or linefeed problem. Will let you know if that works.

> Please try what we've discussed above and relate any errors to me and to
> the
> list, if you like.   If others are having this issue, it needs to be
> resolved
> quickly.
>
> Thanks, GJC
>
> Gregory John Casamento
> -- CEO/President Open Logic Corp. (A MD Corp.)

Okay John, just for the record, here are the compile errors I got THIS
TIME AROUND--I'm using GNUmakefiles this time--note subdirectories in
which "make" was run:

 This is what happened when I tried to compile GNUspeech (maybe linefeed
or tab problem-RH)--

address@hidden root]# cd
/usr/GNUstep/System/Applications/Curent/Applications/GnuSpeech
address@hidden GnuSpeech]# make
GNUmakefile:38: *** missing separator.  Stop.
address@hidden GnuSpeech]# make
GNUmakefile:38: *** missing separator.  Stop.

 This is what happened when I tried to compile tube(no clue what's wrong
in this case!!-RH)--

address@hidden GnuSpeech]#
/usr/GNUstep/System/Applications/Curent/Tools/softwareTRM
bash: /usr/GNUstep/System/Applications/Curent/Tools/softwareTRM: is a
directory
address@hidden GnuSpeech]# cd
/usr/GNUstep/System/Applications/Curent/Tools/softwareTRM
address@hidden softwareTRM]# make
ln -s -f ../../Applications/Monet/MMSynthesisParameters.m
ln -s -f ../../Applications/Monet/MMSynthesisParameters.h
ln -s -f ../../Applications/Monet/MonetDefaults.h
Making all for tool tube...
 Compiling file MMSynthesisParameters.m ...
MMSynthesisParameters.m:4:2: warning: #import is obsolete, use an #ifndef
wrapper in the header file
MMSynthesisParameters.m:7:38: NSUserDefaults-Extensions.h: No such file or
directory
MMSynthesisParameters.m: In function `-[MMSynthesisParameters
restoreDefaultValues]':
MMSynthesisParameters.m:171: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`doubleForKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:171: incompatible types in assignment
MMSynthesisParameters.m:172: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`doubleForKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:172: incompatible types in assignment
MMSynthesisParameters.m:173: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`doubleForKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:173: incompatible types in assignment
MMSynthesisParameters.m:174: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`doubleForKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:174: incompatible types in assignment
MMSynthesisParameters.m:175: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`doubleForKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:175: incompatible types in assignment
MMSynthesisParameters.m:176: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`doubleForKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:176: incompatible types in assignment
MMSynthesisParameters.m:177: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`doubleForKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:177: incompatible types in assignment
MMSynthesisParameters.m:179: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`doubleForKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:179: incompatible types in assignment
MMSynthesisParameters.m:180: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`doubleForKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:180: incompatible types in assignment
MMSynthesisParameters.m:181: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`doubleForKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:181: incompatible types in assignment
MMSynthesisParameters.m:182: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`doubleForKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:182: incompatible types in assignment
MMSynthesisParameters.m:183: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`doubleForKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:183: incompatible types in assignment
MMSynthesisParameters.m:184: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`doubleForKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:184: incompatible types in assignment
MMSynthesisParameters.m:186: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`doubleForKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:186: incompatible types in assignment
MMSynthesisParameters.m:187: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`doubleForKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:187: incompatible types in assignment
MMSynthesisParameters.m:188: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`doubleForKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:188: incompatible types in assignment
MMSynthesisParameters.m:189: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`doubleForKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:189: incompatible types in assignment
MMSynthesisParameters.m:190: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`doubleForKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:190: incompatible types in assignment
MMSynthesisParameters.m:192: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`doubleForKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:192: incompatible types in assignment
MMSynthesisParameters.m:193: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`doubleForKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:193: incompatible types in assignment
MMSynthesisParameters.m:194: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`doubleForKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:194: incompatible types in assignment
MMSynthesisParameters.m: In function `-[MMSynthesisParameters
saveAsDefaults]':
MMSynthesisParameters.m:209: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`setDouble:forKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:210: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`setDouble:forKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:211: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`setDouble:forKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:212: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`setDouble:forKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:213: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`setDouble:forKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:214: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`setDouble:forKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:215: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`setDouble:forKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:217: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`setDouble:forKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:218: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`setDouble:forKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:219: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`setDouble:forKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:220: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`setDouble:forKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:221: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`setDouble:forKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:222: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`setDouble:forKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:224: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`setDouble:forKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:225: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`setDouble:forKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:226: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`setDouble:forKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:227: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`setDouble:forKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:228: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`setDouble:forKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:230: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`setDouble:forKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:231: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`setDouble:forKey:'
MMSynthesisParameters.m:232: warning: `NSUserDefaults' does not respond to
`setDouble:forKey:'
make[1]: *** [shared_obj/MMSynthesisParameters.o] Error 1
make: *** [tube.all.tool.variables] Error 2
address@hidden softwareTRM]#

One last question, John, when I get tube and GNuspeech compiled,
installed, and running (I'm hopeful) will it be possible to type in a
sentence, hit enter--or something--and hear immediate sound output. Or
will I have to play a wave file separately?

RWH