gnuspeech-contact

[gnuspeech-contact] compile failure

From: Eric Zoerner
Subject: [gnuspeech-contact] compile failure
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 14:24:58 +0000

I am trying to build the Mac version of Monet and I get a compile error. I am still getting up to speed on Objective-C (which is amazingly like Smalltalk except it seems to have some weird mixture of dynamic and static typing), so I would appreciate some assistance in resolving this error. Note that I am now using XCode 2.2 to compile this, but I got the same errors in XCode 2.1.

The following is an excerpt from the build log:

/Users/earc/Documents/speechtech/gnuspeech/current/Applications/Monet/MMPosture.m: In function '-[MMPosture _addDefaultValues]':
/Users/earc/Documents/speechtech/gnuspeech/current/Applications/Monet/MMPosture.m:66: warning: multiple methods named '-defaultValue' found
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreData.framework/Headers/NSAttributeDescription.h:49: warning: using '-(id)defaultValue'
/Users/earc/Documents/speechtech/gnuspeech/current/Applications/Monet/MMParameter.h:27: warning: also found '-(double)defaultValue'
/Users/earc/Documents/speechtech/gnuspeech/current/Applications/Monet/MMPosture.m:66: error: incompatible type for argument 1 of 'initWithValue:isDefault:'
/Users/earc/Documents/speechtech/gnuspeech/current/Applications/Monet/MMPosture.m:74: warning: multiple methods named '-defaultValue' found
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreData.framework/Headers/NSAttributeDescription.h:49: warning: using '-(id)defaultValue'
/Users/earc/Documents/speechtech/gnuspeech/current/Applications/Monet/MMParameter.h:27: warning: also found '-(double)defaultValue'
/Users/earc/Documents/speechtech/gnuspeech/current/Applications/Monet/MMPosture.m:74: error: incompatible type for argument 1 of 'initWithValue:isDefault:'
/Users/earc/Documents/speechtech/gnuspeech/current/Applications/Monet/MMPosture.m:82: warning: multiple methods named '-defaultValue' found
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreData.framework/Headers/NSAttributeDescription.h:49: warning: using '-(id)defaultValue'
/Users/earc/Documents/speechtech/gnuspeech/current/Applications/Monet/MMParameter.h:27: warning: also found '-(double)defaultValue'
/Users/earc/Documents/speechtech/gnuspeech/current/Applications/Monet/MMPosture.m:82: error: incompatible type for argument 1 of 'initWithValue:isDefault:'