gnuspeech-contact

[gnuspeech-contact] what's the status?

From: Robert Brewer
Subject: [gnuspeech-contact] what's the status?
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 23:57:04 -0500

Hi all,

Hopefully I'm not barging in here.  I saw the web page
at gnu.org and read some old posts on the mailing
list.  I managed to listen to the hello comparison example
and it sounded very nice.  I was hoping to find the
longer demos somewhere but haven't yet.

I'm a Linux user and developer looking for a way
to convert some ebooks into mp3s for listening
while travelling.  What I've gleaned is that there
are various porting activities in the works.
The one I'm most interested in is the "real-time Monet"
that runs as a daemon.  Actually, for my purposes
a batch version would be perfectly fine that just read
a text file and wrote out a .wav file.  Of course not being dependent
on GnuStep would be nice, but it sounds like that may
be further off.  Is that in the works now?

Thanks for any answers, it looks like a nifty project.

-Rob
--
Robert W. Brewer