gnuspeech-contact

[gnuspeech-contact] Re: Parameter names and meanings

From: Eric Zoerner
Subject: [gnuspeech-contact] Re: Parameter names and meanings
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 12:40:06 +0000

I haven't seen a reply to this message which was sent to the list on 3 Jan. Is this information not available?

Thanks,
Eric

Ar 3 Ean 2006, ag 18:47, scríobh Eric Zoerner:

Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but there seems to be some information missing in the GnuSpeech documentation which is causing some difficulty for me.

I am having some difficulty with the names used for the parameters, both at the posture (Synthesizer) and suprasegmental (Monet) levels, in that I cannot find documentation on how the parameters relate to the tools. There is general discussion of the parameters in some cases, but there is no direct mapping of the concepts to the parameter names.

For example, the Synthesizer app allows you to adjust the "breathiness" of a posture, but there is no reference to how adjusting this affects the output parameters of the Synthesizer app. My best guess is that it may affect the "fricBW" parameter.

It would be helpful to get a description of each parameter, what the abbreviation stands for, what it means, and how it is adjusted by the tools.

r1 through r8 are fairly obvious, and I've figured out the meanings of fricVol, fricPos, etc., but the ones I'm not sure of include fricCF (is this the throat transmission Cutoff Frequency?), and fricBW (bandwidth??).

In the Monet documentation appendix, the BW and AX are listed, but no explanation of what these mean that I can find. (I did find explanation of qss, and duration parameters in transitions).