gnuspeech-contact

[gnuspeech-contact] a Python wrapper for the TRM

From: Leif Johnson
Subject: [gnuspeech-contact] a Python wrapper for the TRM
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 09:45:31 -0600

Hi everyone -

Many thanks to your work on gnuspeech, last week I was able to put
together---in a day !---a Python wrapper around the TRM, using SWIG
and the code from
svn://svn.sv.gnu.org/gnuspeech/osx/trunk/Frameworks/Tube (it seemed to
be the most recent version).

I have hacked up a Python wrapper that allows one to create a
TubeModel and then pass in configuration parameters as a numpy array
(or a list of lists, anything that can be treated as a sequence of
16-float frames), getting back a numpy array of 1-channel audio
samples. There's also a quick translation of the main() routine from
softwareTRM that allows a similar conversion from a configuration file
to an array of audio samples.

I'd like to release this code as a Python package (so that it's easy
to install with pip), but I wanted to check with you all first to see
what you think. Are there any objections, or suggestions ? In
particular, I wasn't sure what the licensing rules would require --
GNU seems to suggest the GPL, but Python and numpy are more MIT-style.

Please CC me with any responses. Thanks, and happy hacking !

lmj

--
http://leifjohnson.net