Re: apache.make

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: apache.make
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 10:52:13 +0100

Richard Stallman wrote:
> How does Apache communicate with a module?  Is it by linking,
> or by fork-and-exec?  A subsequent message suggests that Apache
> links them dynamically.

By linking.

> If these modules are linked with Apache, and if they also need to link
> in GNUstep libraries, this raises a legal issue.  The Apache license
> is incompatible with the GNU GPL.

The libraries of GNUstep are LGPL. If this still poses a license
problem, one could use libFoundation (which has a much less restrictive
license) as a drop-in replacement to get things done.
(of course I'll test it with lF anyway ;-).

So there is nothing to prevent the ObjC-in-Apache project.

Helge