Re: bundlelisation of the backend

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: bundlelisation of the backend
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 15:19:59 -0700

address@hidden wrote:
> so I replaced them by pointers on functions with the same name. And I
> initialize those pointer when the backend is load. This was the
> shortest way. But to be consistent with other stubs, I plan to do like
> it was done with the DPSoperators. (define some methods, write inline
> stub functions that call these methods, cache the address of the
> methods...).
>
> Is it the good way ?

Sounds fine. In some cases it might not be necessary to get that
complicated. Functions like
GSWindowDepthForScreen are used in only one class, and probably not very
often.

I think it's useful to do this, particularly to refine the separation
between gui and the backend.

> 3) make package should be modified because now, GUI apps don't need to
> be link with any specific backend. But I'm not competent to do it.

That's almost not necessary. That should all be encapsulated in
xgps/xgps.make.in or xdps/xdps.make.in now. We should refine that
though. What about static and profiled executables?