Re: bundlelisation of the backend

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: bundlelisation of the backend
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 22:56:54 +0000 (GMT)

    dejaeger> I don't think it is necessary to do so complicated
    dejaeger> things. As far as I tested, there is no problem if an
    dejaeger> application is linked with X11 and loads the xgps
    dejaeger> backend

Yeah - I tested it - you are absolutely right - it works ...

Uh - no trick needed - it just works - now that's great.

Overriding seems to work that if I have a function in the main
application, and then I load in a bundle which defines a function with
the same name, the function in the main application is still used (and
it's used in the bundle as well in place of the one coming with the
bundle).  This seems to mean we couldn't override NSDrawRect with an
optimized version in the backend ?  Anyway yes, I like the general
idea/hope that we can find some way to make writing backends simpler,
by defining precisely a self-contained set of simple primitives
needed, and allowing more refined backends to optimize things by
implementing some more complex function as well.  Uhmm...